What exactly is a Your Story storytelling session and Why?
As a child, I remember visiting my grandparents home on Sunday afternoons for a traditional italian meal where we all gathered around the dining room table and we shared a meal and so much more. I would give anything to have a visual reminder of that very special time in my childhood. The porch…where I often sat chatting with my grandfather, his smile, his laugh, his hands, a piece of juicy fruit he shared from his pocket, the wisdom of his words. The backyard swing… where I spent hours flying high into the sky while my Grandfather tended his tomato plants. The “powder room,” The Meal…steaming hot homemade spaghetti sauce with rigatoni noodles and little handmade meatballs and sausages topped with freshly grated cheeses. Fresh bright red homegrown tomatoes,( just picked, usually by one of us lucky grandchildren) in a tossed salad, my grandmother’s amazingly soft, meticulously manicured fingers and hands, so tiny for a grown women. The smell of freshly baked Italian Bread hot from the oven. The crisp starched linen napkins, the delicate china, the laughter and stories we shared, the glances and expressions on our faces. The bubbles in the skink, hand dish washing with my grandmother, I could go on and on… That is what a storytelling session is all about. It is capturing the details of our lives. It is capturing the relationships and interaction with each other. It is capturing the L O V E. It might be a day in the life type of story, or a special occasion. those things we hold dear in our heart that we never want to forget, the way it really was…that is my WHY!
What can you expect?
- Together, we plan your session. We figure out your Why?
- I come to your home or location of the story before our scheduled session to pretty much scout it out.
- I want to be behind the scenes and not part of your story. The goal is to stop time and capture moments that are so very special to you and your family in the most natural way possible.
- I will shoot the details of the story and everything in between.
- After the shoot, I will select, and edit pictures and create a story board for you to view. I will ask you to help me select the best shots if necessary. Sometimes there is an expression or interaction that I might discount that helps tell the story.
- After reviewing and revising the story board, a book , slideshow, and/or prints will be created for you to have as a keepsake.
- This is a very, very special session.
What is included in the session?
I offer three options. A book. A slideshow. Prints.
Story Telling Session Prices:
Prices start at $500.